Sunday, July 19, 2009

This week...

Not that anyone will necessarily notice a hiatus - being that I'm such a consistent blogger and all (haha!) -, but today through Thursday, I will be here. And for someone who has never enjoyed sweating (hence my one year relationships with soccer, basketball and softball), I am more excited than you would ever imagine.

This is the second mission trip for my mom and me. Last year, we were in Harlingen when Hurricane Dolly hit. Even with the hurricane (or maybe as a result), I came home with a new and renewed love for my fellow mission trippers - as well as a peace that comes with knowing I was exactly where I was supposed to be. Last year, our time was split between building/repairing/painting houses in Indian Hills - a community outside of Harlingen. This year, it appears all of our time will be spent working on rebuilding a gutted house, and loving people through our actions.

I will post updates and pics on Facebook from my phone. If you're the prayinhg sort, please say a few for us, our work and those for whom (grammar police??) we are rebuilding.

As much as I dream of a week in Tahiti or Bora Bora, I can't imagine spending my vacation anywhere else.

PS - My mom and I are also flying to NM to visit a friend of hers for the weekend - so I will have plenty of R&R on my days off! :-)

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Wow, you'll be so close to me if you're going to Galveston. I guess there is no way we could meet up at some point?? I know you'll be busy but give me a call if for some reason you have free time- 281-486-0624. Have a great trip...

katy said...

Amazing! Have a wonderful time. I've never done a mission trip, but Justin helped with our church youth group mission trip a couple of summers ago, and he really felt changed. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)