Thursday, March 25, 2010

31st post about my 31st...



For my birthday, I took the day off (and the Monday following too!). I woke up to morning snuggles with the owner of these tennis-shoed feet. We had heart-shaped pancakes in celebration of our special days (his birthday is the day before mine), watched 'toons and then got ready for the day.



After taking the little man back home, my parents and I headed to Shreveport. We ate a wonderful lunch at Ralph and Kacoo's, then parted ways for our own kind of fun. My mom and I strolled the Boardwalk and shopped 'til we were ready to drop. We both found several cute things for A, R, and K. My sister-in-law got onto me for buying them stuff on my birthday, but as I explained to her, they are so much more fun to shop for. I can tell by looking at their clothes what size they'll need and then miracle of miracles, it fits. That does not work out as well for me. I did pick up a few summer shirts, a pair of shorts and a couple pair of sandals that will be great for our NYC trip in May. We returned to Tyler for a delicious dinner at El Charro's (seafood and Mexican all in one day totally rocked!).



Saturday, we got up and headed to R's birthday party. It's always so fun to watch them open presents. He even acted excited about the clothes he received! We had cookie cake (my first cake of all the b'day celebrations!) and good times. From there, we headed to The Shed in Edom (sooo yummy - '97 BGs, I promise to take you there when we have a Canton weekend!). We parked next to these gorgeous bikes...






In my younger days, I might have asked for a quick ride...but not with my parents waiting. I have never wanted to own or drive one but I have enjoyed riding a time or two.



After lunch, we headed home to load the car for our WOF adventure. Here are a few pictures...






My hands in Kenny Chesney's...My mom and I before the bull riding at Billy Bob's Texas, WOF Randy Travis, WOF Sign and me with Pat...don't tell his wife, haha!



Side note...on the WOF tryout website, it said they were looking for people who would do well on stage, be enthusiastic, play the game well and who were personable. I know it may be hard for some of you to believe but in a crowd, I'm more introverted than extroverted by nature, so personable can be hard for me. I told my mom when I reserved our hotel room that for the next week, I was going to "practice being personable, dammit." That joke lasted throughout the adventure - and me kissing Pat, well that was me being personable, dammit.

4 comments:

katy said...

You're right -- it's hard to picture you as an introvert in ANY situation! The whole event looks like a lot of fun.

NYC trip?? Do tell!

Jennifer said...

No, I can't imagine you being anything BUT personable!

I'm with Katy; please dish on the NYC details!

And next time, I'd like to see a picture of you on one of those bikes! So fun!!

Danielle said...

After our last get together, I can't see you being an introvert. So glad to hear you had a great day!

lacy said...

Love the pict of you and your mamma!