Monday, July 19, 2010

Final Chat Pack Question...

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to spend the weekend with the most incredible women. Our group was four short, but they were there in our hearts. During the course of the weekend, we used Katy's Chat Pack to spur conversation (shock of all shocks, there were quiet moments!). Before we left, I asked my own final Chat Pack question:

"What would be your life's theme song?"

It wasn't a quick answer for any of us. During my long drive home (thank you fellow I-35ers), I had the chance to really think it over. Though it's a little slow, I decided on Life Ain't Always Beautiful.


Life Ain't Always Beautiful Lyrics
Artist: Gary Allan
Original songwriters: Cyndy Goodman, Tommy Lee James

Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' it sweet time

No,life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride

Life aint always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles

And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way

But the struggles makes me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life ain't always beautiful
But its a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride


Of course, for me, the whole part of hoping to see someone's pretty face does not apply, though if I took artistic license, I could sub in handsome for pretty and mean it about seeing a glimpse of my future.

I'm sure some may think it's too sad of a song, but I don't. I think it's full of hope and growth. For me, that's what my life's about.

2 comments:

katy said...

Have you heard Charlotte Martin's "Beautiful Life?" There was a long, long, long time when I considered that my theme song. I am going to send it to you this morning.

Kier's Serendipity said...

Wow, what a beautiful song.... still thinking on mine.