Friday, November 12, 2010

Proud

To be an Army granddaughter/Navy daughter...



Taps - Papa from Summer Stewart on Vimeo.

This is from my grandfather's funeral in May 2009. He served in WWII and had full military burial with taps and all. I thought you taps played in the background, but it doesn't. I must not have recorded it. I'm also not sure why I cut the video when I did - they presented the flag to my uncle, his oldest son, since my grandmother had already passed away.

My dad and his siblings considered not doing the full military burial, but I'm so glad they did. It's the first time I've witnessed it and to say it is moving is an understatement (and likely why the video cuts when it did).

Thank you to all who served and continue to do so.

*I realize this is a few hours late...I had no idea it would take 6 hours for my video to load...mea culpa*

No comments: