Thursday, January 7, 2010

Picking a word...

Inspired by Lacy, this year I have also decided to pick a word.


Out of all the words in the universe, it's hard to narrow one to strive for and focus on. I wanted something positive and upbeat, which ruled out my initial thoughts of determined and focused. I've been listening to the Soup Dragons "I'm Free" as part of my workout playlist and thought about using the word free. Free to live it up and be me. But, that seemed counterintuitive too since I'm sort of tired of this single thing.


So, after much thought and careful consideration, my word for 2010 is....


*drum roll please*


FUN!

I'm going to enjoy this year to its fullest potential. I'm going to quit taking life and myself (mostly myself) so seriously. I'm going to live in the moment and not take one for granted, no matter how mundane and simple that moment may be. When I feel down, I'm going to blare my music, sing at the top of my lungs and dance like a fool. I'm going to laugh at jokes that are barely funny and those that don't make any sense. I'm going to be silly and goofy and make a valid effort to be and have fun.




The short version to the story behind this picture...

A very dear lady in my church challenged me to wink at all the available guys on our mission trip - which totally cracked me up. This was me practicing - who wouldn't want to date me? Haha!

6 comments:

katy said...

What a perfect word!! I love it. And that's a killer wink you've got there. ;)

Kier's Serendipity said...

I love the picture! I love your word too, mine is coming very soon!

Sara said...

Love it! And I think you should make that wink your profile pic :)

Alissa said...

I love the picture! And that word sounds perfect.....maybe I should try living like that this year too, instead of taking myself (and my kids) so seriously!

kelli said...

hi Summer! thanks for your comment the other day. You look great and I hope your year is all kinds of fun! :)

lacy said...

Perfect word! I LOVE IT!