Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Since I don't remember to take pics, I'll not likely have a food blog...

But here's the recipe for your enjoyment...

Sopapilla Cheesecake

1 can crescent rolls (have you ever had a bad recipe where this was the #1 ingredient?)
2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened (or nuked for 60-90 seconds)
1/2-3/4 c sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
3 T melted butter
1 T vanilla
1 T cinnamon
2 T sugar

Preheat oven to 350­°. Grease 8 inch pan and line with half of the crescent rolls. Press seams together to form a crust. Bake 10 mins. Stir together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over crescent rolls creating an even layer. Top with remaing crescent dough (seams pressed again). Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar (those measurements aren't exact - add more if you like). Bake another 20 mins until golden brown.

Cool enough to not remove the top layers of taste buds, but I enjoy it slightly warm, so I don't cool it too long.

I hope you like it! It's very yummy and easy to throw together if you, like us keep the above ingredients on hand.

I also realize that I utilize too many parantheses in my recipes...that may also bar me from creating a food blog. I'm not an exact cook or baker. I was blessed with my grandmother's sense for it.

Lastly, at 7:15 central time, my mom, sister, sister-in-law, niece, aunt, mom's best friend, mom's best friend's sister and I will be taking off from the Tyler airport for a girls weekend in New York City (my house will remain occupied and guarded - boo on you would be burglars)for my mom's 60th birthday. If you are a Today show watcher, watch for us on Friday - we're going to do our best to get on the fence and on camera. But they start their concert series that day so it may be more crowded than we anticipate. Anyway, we are so super excited and I hope to innundate you with blog posts to follow. In fact, with the add-a-page feature, I'm considering starting a Girlfriend Getaway page. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

Have a blast on your trip! I am so jealous!

katy said...

I'm jealous, too!!! Enjoy -- New York is beautiful in the spring. Shop 'til you drop and have a great time. :)

Alissa said...

Oh wow....how was your trip?? I wish I had read this last week and I would have turned on the Today show on Friday AM.

Sopapilla cheesecake....it looks so yummy! I'll have to try it!