Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's not always sunny in Summer-delphia

I totally don't watch that show or anything, but Summerdelphia would be a totally rockin' city.

Here lately, most of my thoughts, some comments and deleted writings seem to be accompanied by the "Debbie Downer" noise (anyone else hear cartoon-style noises in their head - or should I head straight to the looney bin alone?). I don't know what the deal is. I'm usually way past the holiday-season funk and living it up by summer time. This year is different though.

My situation is not really different overall. There've been some instances lately where I've had my feelings hurt pretty bad by people I really care about, but the consequence of saying anything is too great to have that discussion. And being that suppressed is not good for me. It makes me angry and all that gets bottled up and internalized. I hate feeling that way. I hate even more that I can't express what's going on. Most of all, I hate that I can't fix it and the liklihood for change is so so so very slim.

Oh well...I didn't intend to get into all that. I wanted to post this song - I love it. You may recognize it from the Mott's commercial with Marcia Cross. It's definitely on my to download list...



I have 5 locations left to visit in my 30 facility tour...I enjoy the traveling but would obviously benefit from a little less "me" time...

3 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

I love that song!

katy said...

I'm so sorry you've been down. How can I boost your spirits?

Summer Says... said...

Kristin - I really dig it too. It makes me smile.

Katy - I can't believe MY fingers are about to type these words but...I really think I'll do better once I'm able to return to eating healthier and working out. I haven't been able to work out on my normal schedule in two months and eating healthy out of town is a struggle. That combined with the 30 city tour of three states in six weeks has worn me out. I should be good as new by our retreat. It's totally a retreat, right?