Monday, August 9, 2010

Sight and Speed...

So, if you read any of my FB posts, you know I've been contemplating Lasik. I've worn corrective lenses since I was 9. A week ago Friday, I had all my testing done and scheduled my surgery. As I sat waiting for the tech to go over some information with me, I confess that I got pretty teary-eyed. It's been 22+ years since I've been able to see clearly without something on my face or stuck in my eye. The realization that within just a few days, this won't be the case any more is a little overwhelming.

I'm excited to report that my procedure is tomorrow at 11-ish. If you happen to read this before then, I would appreciate a prayer that all goes well. I'm a little nervous because, obviously sight is a pretty big deal. I'm confident in the skills of my surgeon though and look forward to being lens free!

Another exciting thing this week - Wednesday is my last day on deferred adjudication. I got a ticket in Februray 2009 - and took nearly the full 90 days allotted to do defensive driving.
Then, just a few days shy of completing those 12 months, I got another ticket. In order to prevent it from being on my record, I opted to request deferred adjudication. Through court processes - that didn't start until almost a month after the ticket. So that 90 days probation was closer to 120, and it's been an anxiety filled time.

I'm soooo excited that come Thursday, I can see and speed!

5 comments:

lacy said...

yay that is so wonderful! You'll love it. my gf had it done... we joked that if it goes bad she gets a puppy (aka seeing eye dog) BAD JOKE but it had us rolling. Keep lots of those eye drop things near... you'll use them a lot.

katy said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad it all worked out and that you're set to go! You will feel like a whole new woman, I swear. It's absolutely life-changing. I want a full report as soon as possible. Good luck!!! :)

Jennifer said...

I'm jealous but so happy for you. I'll say a prayer for you! Love you!

Summer Says... said...

@Lacy - Think a seeing eye chihuahua would work? LOL!

@Katy - I hope to report back by tomorrow or Thursday!

@Jen - thanks!

love y'all!

Kier's Serendipity said...

I hope everything went well! Happy healing.