Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Day

Overnight Thursday into Friday morning we had about 8" of snowfall - a good 5" managed to accumulate in the yard. We lost power (not a big surprise) at about 3:45 that morning. Since all of us at work live in areas more rural than Tyler, the decision was made to work from home. Thank goodness for Blackberry! Except, the internet lines were down at work, so we couldn't send or receive email. I took quite a few calls though, so I still worked.

But, a snow day also demands to be enjoyed. I took roughly 70 pictures in about a 2 hour time span - some aren't great, but that's the charm of them being digital. Those will be deleted. I really wanted to play in the snow - I hadn't see accumulation like this in a very long time. I got my mind set on making a snow angel. I bundled up and with each layer, my mom declared me crazy. I finally got my boots on and said "look woman, this is me being fun, damnit!"

Thankfully, she has a good sense of humor and agreed to put her shoes on to chronicle the experience...




Snow Angel


Cooper - He was not sure of this cold white stuff!



The finished project!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

katy said...

How angelic! :) Looks so fun. I am a bit envious, but glad you got to enjoy it!!

Alissa said...

I can't believe how much it snowed up there....looks like so much fun!

lacy said...

Hey Summer! I have used FoxHollow's stuff before! LOVE THE BATH SALTS and the lavender milk bath, so decadent! The lip balm is amazing too, really buttery and stays on. The ladies name is Jackie, tell her I sent cha. xoxoxo

katy said...

So I'm here at your blog this morning, admiring your purple flower picture, and I realize I totally stole my new banner from yours. It's like the same idea with a different colored flower. But yours is prettier! Ah, well. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!!