Thursday, August 5, 2010

July Fun Recap

In keeping with my year of fun, I need to blog about my FUNtastic July!

First, we celebrated July Fourth with a calm weekend at home.  After traveling all of June, it was nice to catch up on laundry and chill in the backyard pool.  On the 4th, I went to the church hamburger supper and kid’s parade.  It was good fellowship celebrating our freedom.

The following weekend, we used our man-on-man defense to keep A, R and K while their parents went to float the river.  We enjoyed Toy Story 3D, pool fun, the indoor water park and lots of good snuggle time.

The weekend of July 16th, I enjoyed a much needed girls weekend with the owners of these wrists.

041

Sadly, four were missing but we had them there in spirit.  The six of us enjoyed giggles, girl talk, dancing in the kitchen, outlet shopping, wine tasting, more giggles, a great dinner and Amy’s Ice Cream.  I’m so blessed to have all of these girls in my life and on my team.  Go WOO girls!

After a fabulous weekend, Monday was easier to face than normal.  It didn’t hurt that the following Saturday my mom and I were headed to Taos, NM.  Her coworker (and my adopted Mom – haha) has a house there with her husband.  The accommodations are luxurious and the hospitality, amazing.

I could type all about it, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words…

Taos

2 comments:

katy said...

Wooooo! The owner of this wrist sure is glad she got to see you that weekend!

Taos looks awesome. We've never been. Do you think it would be a good vacation spot in the fall? Did you drive? If so, how long was the drive?

Kier's Serendipity said...

It was fan-freakin'-tastic to see you that weekend too! I can't wait till the next time...

I have heard that Taos is beautiful year round, but have only been in the winter when that white stuff we call snow is all over the place. It is magnificantly beautiful then, but it looks beautiful now too!