Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Workaversary



Seven years ago, I walked into my first day of work wide-eyed, excited and thankful to have lucked into a job so quickly following my resignation/layoff from my previous employer. I was all set to learn the ropes of this new company in a totally different industry.

After some ups, downs and lots of learning experiences, I am in a job that matches my degree. I answer a lot of hard questions - mostly no, but sometimes, I get to help make things better. Those days are the best. I'm grateful for my job stability, autonomy and that I have a voice that matters in the company.
My supervisor toasted (with our 7Up), "Here's to another 7 years!" and I asked for it in writing...

Now, if I could only accomplish as much in my personal life as I have professionally...

4 comments:

katy said...

I love that they are celebrating you! 7 years in any particular job is quite an accomplishment, and you should feel great about all you've learned and achieved! P.S. I bet you are SO FUN to work with!!! :)

Danielle said...

Wow - 7 years at one place is awesome! I agree with Katy - I bet you ARE fun to work with!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Go you! Happy 7 years!

Alissa said...

Wow....seven years? Crazy! Even though I always wanted to stay at home before I had kids, I do sometimes wish I could have had a successful career too....right now it terrifies me to try to get an accounting job. So much for my degree!

Congratulations!