Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In other 7 news…

Today is Cooper’s 7th Birthday!

IMG_3628

Dearest Mini Boy Cooper,

Happy Birthday!  I hope you enjoyed a day of guarding the house in peace. 

Seven years ago, I didn’t quite know you yet.  We will celebrate your “Gotcha” day in a couple of months.  Your parents, Little Boy Blue and your mom (whose name I don’t remember offhand) would be proud of the canine you have become.

You have the best non-Chihuahua disposition.  You do not yap, but bark if necessary.  Your worst habit is jumping at the back of our knees when you are excited we’re finally home.  With a welcome so genuine though, it’s hard to be mad at you.

IMG_3625

I love that your favorite place to hang out is on the back of the couch – so you can see outside, or any available lap.  I love when you bury your head on my sternum and give good hugs with your paws on either side.  When someone is sick, you are quick to play nurse, never leaving our bedside until we are well. 

You are so very good with the kids.  You came home with me a week after A was born and have always adored her.  R looks for you immediately after coming in the house and K loves you so much, it’s gotta be uncomfortable, but you tolerate it with out a growl. 

I’m so glad we chose each other!

Love,

Me

IMG_3627

5 comments:

katy said...

What a cutie pie!! Happy birthday, Cooper! :)

Kier's Serendipity said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Alissa said...

Oh, how cute! Hope he is enjoying his birthday! :)

Alissa said...

Oops...I guess I should have said that I hope he HAD a good b-day. I didn't notice you posted this yesterday.

lacy said...

aw yay so sweet! happy day!